BlackRock CEO Larry Fink Says Further 20% Market Drop Is Possible
Fink, who spoke at the The Economic Club of New York on Monday, said that he still sees the current drawdown as a “buying opportunity.”
What to know:
- BlackRock CEO Larry Fink warned of a possible additional 20% market drop but views the current downturn as a long-term buying opportunity, citing no systemic risk.
- He cautioned that inflation remains higher than expected and said the Federal Reserve is unlikely to cut interest rates this year despite recession concerns.
- Fink also expressed concern over bitcoin’s rising appeal, suggesting it could undermine the U.S. dollar if seen as a safer store of value.
BlackRock CEO Larry Fink said the market could see another 20% drop, but that the current drawdown is a buying opportunity in the long term as the current situation doesn’t pose systematic risk.
“I see it more as a buying opportunity than a selling opportunity, but that doesn’t mean we can’t go down further,” Fink said during an appearance at the Economic Club of New York on Monday.
He noted that inflationary pressure is higher than market participants expect and that many already believe the U.S. to be in a recession. As a result, he does not anticipate the Federal Reserve to cut interest rates this year.
Last month, Fink published a letter to shareholders, warning about Bitcoin’s
Markets, including the crypto market, have been in turmoil since U.S. President Donald Trump announced a host of tariffs on goods imported to the U.S. BTC is currently trading 5% lower over the past five days and 11% lower in the past month. Stocks were hit even worse with the S&P 500 and Nasdaq down 13% and 15%, respectively.
More For You
Abu Dhabi wealth funds bitcoin ETF holdings topped $1 billion at end of 2025

Both Mubadala Investment Company and Al Warda Investments lifted investments in BlackRock's iShares Bitcoin ETF (IBIT) in the fourth quarter.
What to know:
- Two major Abu Dhabi investment firms, Mubadala Investment Company and Al Warda Investments, increased their holdings of BlackRock’s iShares Bitcoin Trust (IBIT) in the fourth quarter of 2025 as bitcoin’s price fell.
- Mubadala lifted its IBIT stake to 12.7 million shares and Al Warda to 8.2 million shares.
- Together, they held a combined position that exceeded $1 billion at the end of 2025 but has since declined to just over $800 million amid further bitcoin losses in 2026.













